The Car AND A Bonus!

Before my wife and I were married, I had a car with 200,000 miles on it and it was at its end and I needed a new car and was saving up for one.

An evangelist came to our church, a missionary to Africa. He was trying to raise funds to get a Land Rover, one of those safari-type jeeps, because that would be the only way to get around in that part of the world.

That night they were taking offerings for him, and suddenly the Lord put it on my heart to take the money I had been saving for a new car, and get that Land Rover for him. So I did. And that was definitely the Lord who put that on my heart, it surely didn't come from me.

Right after that I got a promotion and it came with a brand new El Camino. And I got a raise with the promotion, and I had been looking at a Corvette, so I ended up with a Corvette AND the El Camino.

Later on, that incident is what brought my wife to me. She was in the church when the car incident took place. And later on we dated, but at the thought of marriage she hesitated because she wanted to be married to a minister or a pastor. But when she prayed about it, the Lord reminded her of the car incident and told her he looks at the HEART, not the position, and gave her the go-ahead to marry me.

Mike A
California

No comments :

Post a Comment